ABC News : Just In

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Delicious

Well, I am still getting through the 2.0 course. Spent a fair bit of time exploring "Delicious", setup my own account & started tagging some of my favourite websites. This is an improvement on using simple bookmarks or favourites. All my real favourites arranged in alphabetic or date order, with more detail, and very searchable. The tagging is a big plus, as it enables me to use my own language to link to the websites. A bit like a personal phone directory that links you straight to the relevant site when you click on it. Overall, I think it's a great idea! Another plus is that you can cross-ref to other users' chosen sites, thereby leveraging the effort of others. I guess the challenge, (as always) is to include only the really good stuff, so it doesn't get full of junk?

No comments:

Post a Comment