ABC News : Just In

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dick Smith Bluetooth car kit

Well, I've been looking for ways of getting the family mobiles to work in the car - seems I can never contact them when I need to - so I finally gave in and bought a Dick Smith bluetooth kit when I saw they had reduced the price by $20.

Turns out it works well - IF you are prepared to spend a lot of time setting it up.
I was able to pair it to my phone - no problem - auto voice dialling worked, and I was very pleased. However, pairing it to my wife's phone proved somewhat more complex.
If you want it to be paired to more than one phone, you have to follow the instructions exactly - and don't do what I did & misplace those instructions!

So I ended up doing a global reset on the thing, and paired Chris's phone in first - it seemed to be better that way. (But I still can't get voice dialling to work on her phone (Samsung), whereas my Nokia has no problem). But at least she can answer calls - hey that's gotta be a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment